RESEACH & DEVELOPMENT LABORATORY
Robinson utilizes our AMCA accredited laboratory for lab modeling and testing of either scale model or production units as well as utilizing our capabilities for computer finite element stress analysis and computational fluid dynamics to ensure the most efficient design.
The Robinson Research Department continually strives to develop new fan designs of high efficiency over a wide range of specific speeds in order to expand the product range available to Robinson’s customers.
The Research Team’s ongoing mission is to expand and improve Robinson’s laboratory capabilities through innovative design, manufacturing and physical testing of prototype fan units for air performance and sound.
The Robinson Research Team prides itself on the workmanship and achievements of its members and strives to provide a higher standard of living for our families, ourselves and our company.
- Lab is AMCA Accredited for Air Performance Testing.
- Lab is AMCA Accredited for Sound Testing.
- Laboratory is Staffed by two Full-Time Technicians.
Lab Capabilities Include:
- Air Performance, Sound and Resonant Impact Testing
- System Modeling, Furnace / Diffuser Prototype Optimization, Flow Visualization Studies
- Electrical Capacity to Run Motors up to 700 HP VFD
- Variable Frequency Drive Voltages from 230V to 4160V
- Model Analysis and Structural Analysis using impact testing and FFT narrow band analysis.
- Mechanical Run, Vibration and 2-Plane balance verification.
- Velocity profile testing and 3-D contour surface visualization.
- Machine diagnostics by use of vibration measurement and analysis.
- High pressure louver torque testing.
- Robinson Fans performs Sound Testing in accordance with AMCA Standard 300-05.